What do we do at Budgester Technologies.
Every company now uses software, a lot develop software.
A lot of time is spent on getting software built, tested and deployed.
A lot of the steps teams and companies go through are similar, so why re-invent the wheel everytime ?
Devops is a way of working, and getting the best out of tools that are available to make building software
What are the steps to making this simple.
If you do something more than once, Automate it.
But start simple, move one step at a time and get quicker with each iteration.
These are some of my favourite book on Devops and Software Management
Saturday, 13 June 2015
Monday, 16 February 2015
So to get the full chef stack running on Vagrant, you have to follow the steps below
- The base precise64 image is Ubuntu 12.02 make sure you download the correct Chef installer
- Increase the memory of the Vagrant machine, I made it 2GB and this made it work fairly quickly.
- config.vm.provider "virtualbox" do |vb|
- vb.customize ["modifyvm", :id, "--memory", "2048"]
- When adding the opcode manage make sure you allow a relevant port to be forwarded
- I added a port forward of 4443 to 4443.
- Edit /etc/opscode-manage/manage.rd and add the line
- public_port 4443
- Log into the interface on https://127.0.0.1:4443